We can reach Santa Margarida de Llongarriu church following the path coming from the hostel of La Vall d'en Bas, or following the bridge of Llongarriu and carrying on along the path which crosses the valley. Santa Margarida de Llongarriu church is the old parish church and, today, also a sanctuary. There are few historical notes about the church, although one of the first documented references dates back to the year 1279, when its name appeared in some documents: “ecclesia Sancte Marie de Cati” and “Ecclesia parrochialis Sancte Marie de Cote”. Santa Margarida de Llongarriu church has a single rectangular floor plan, without apse or pointed arches. Inside, the façades are defined by a stone bench and three windows. The year 1672 is engraved on the entrance door, since it is probably the year in which the church was modified. Its rectangular format without apse and the belfry with two openings, indicate us that the church could have been built in the 12th century or the beginning of the 13th century.