The first documented references of Sant Feliu de Pallerols parish date back to the year 1039. It might have refered to the Romanesque church, previously Pre-Romanesque. The Romanesque church had a single nave and barrel vault. The apse was orientated to the east and the entrance to the south. In the 12th and 13th centuries the church got surrundouded by the farmhouses which formed the sagrera. In the 14th century it had to be expanded. Because of the 1427 and 1428 earthquakes, this first church was gravely affected and had to be rebuilt. In the middle of the 16th century the side chapels on the east side were reconstructed and, thus, the linear shape of the nave changed. At the beginning of the 17th century the façade, as well as the rest of the chapels, were finished. The main nave was built in 1630 and both the bell tower and the roofing could not be inaugurated until fifty years later. The result was a rural Gothic style church with a single nave, four sided chapels, a heightened presbytery, two sacristies and a deep chapel. French stonecutters also took part in its construction, focusing on the façade and the bell tower. One of the stones is engraved with the municipal shield.