Sant Salvador de Puig-alder hermitage is located where the old castle of Puig-alder was. The first reference of this hermitage dates from the year 1020, in the testament of Bernat Tallaferro, count of Besalú. The first indicators of the existence of a chapel date from the 12th century. The current structure, heavily modified, dates from the 17th and 18th centuries, when it was no longer a castle. They used the walls to create a small building where people can sleep.