Subirós mill in Besalú is an old flour mill which used the force of the water coming from the creek found below Dels Horts Street and the “baixada de la Font”, in the south end of the old town. The water from the creek was kept in a pond on the high side of the mill. Through a vertical pipe and a door, the water went down and moved the turbines and an iron shaft, which, in turn, moved the stone to grind the wheat. The documented references of the mills in this area date back to the 10th and 14th centuries, when the present Portal dels Horts was known as Portal dels Molins. However, the lintel above the door is engraved with the year 1755, when it is believed that the present structure was built. This mill continued operating and producing until the 20th century.