The cloister of the former Carme convent was hired in 1603 to Llàtzer Cisterna master stonemason, to build the first wing. Once also finished the galleries on the ground floor, in 1605 it was contracted the construction of the remaining three upper galleries. It is a Renaissance cloister with four galleries on two floors, with groin vaults on the ground floor, built following the Italian model of Vignola, with Tuscan columns, arches and Doric and Ionic capitals. West Wing highlights by its elegance and proportions, with a sculpted frieze consisting triglyphs, drops, plaques and the coat of Carme. In whole, it is one of the most important monuments of the Catalan Renaissance, reason which was declared a monument of historical interest in 1975 and renovated in 1999 integrally.