Located near the Firal d'Olot, at the beginning of the 20th century a wide promenade called Bisbe Guillamet was built, popularly known as El Firalet. In 1994 the new town hall moved to the old factory of Can Joanetes (1928), restored by Arcadi Pla, an architect from Girona. From this time on, the promenade became the city's nerve point. Due to the growing activity of this area, at the beginning of the 20th century, it was redeveloped and an underground car park was built. The RCR Aranda Pigem Vilalta, an architectural studio from Olot, directed the restoration work, inaugurated in 2010, with a design which represents a sea of lava.