Up until 1030, Vall d'Hostoles, the area comprising Sant Feliu de Pallerols, was protected by three castles. Around those years, the church, headed by Oliba Aboot, created a treaty called the Peace and Truce of God, which protected the farmers creating a holly area: the sagrera. Located near the parish churches, these areas offered safety and protection. Sant Feliu church is considered a Pre-Romanesque church, which, in the 11th century, was turned into a Romanesque one, with a single nave, barrel vault and an apse orientated to the east. During the 12th and 13th centuries, small farmhouses, home to twenty families, started being built around it. It was a strategic spot, chosen by the richness of its basaltic ground, as well as its proximity with the main road connecting the valley with Collsacabra. In the north there weren't any houses until the 14th century and, probably, there was a fence following the church façade. The unpunished character of the sagrera remained until the 15th century, although in the 13thcentury the feudal lords from Planes d'Hostoles settled in a house called La Sala. Meanwhile, the sagrega was undergoing a modification process. We can tell this because, in the 14thcentury, Guillem Galceran de Cartellà sold some land which belonged to mas Torn, in the north-eastern side of the territory.