In 1916, Tomàs de Recolons, a well-known textile manufacturer, donated a new school to the village. The project was led by Joan Roca Pinet, an architect from Girona. The building has a Modernist style adapted to a rural environment. It is on one level, with a central body and two wings (one for boys and one for girls). Great craftsmen of the forging (Joan Oliver) and woodwork (Vicens Mundet) took part in the project. The building was decorated with ceramic elements and stained glasses (Buxeres, Barcelona). This new School of Art stimulated the improvement and prestige of public instruction. It was inaugurated on the 15th of December, 1918.