The first reference of Sant Pere Sacosta church is from 1207, a year in which all the farmhouses of the parish were occupied by Remença peasants. The earthquakes of the 15thcentury caused great damage in the houses and buildings. In fact, Sant Pere Sacosta church was left practically in ruins. Years later, in 1568, when the bishop of Girona saw that the parish was nearly deserted, he turned it into a suffragan parish, part of Planes d'Hostoles. However, it had its independent administration until the 18th century, and it was used until the 19th century, although its state was precarious. Apart from other things, the baptismal font and the Gothic altarpiece were in bad condition.