The first documented reference to this lime kiln dates from 1627, when Esteve Sala, master of the house called Mas Sesquer, agreed to cede the kiln, the wood and the limestone to Lleonard and Miquel Hilari, father and son from Les Planes, for use in making lime. It was used sporadically until the early 20th century. The kiln is built into a slope, digging out a hollow space. It is then filled with stones, forming tiers. The top is covered with a dome-shaped layer of stones, wood and earth, leaving a hole to act as a chimney. And an opening is made at the bottom to feed the fire.