The river Brugent has been one the main economic driver for Sant Feliu de Pallerols, from the Middle Ages until the 20th century. The river turned into a source of wealth which led to the construction of mills. Thus, thanks to the river Brugent, Sant Feliu de Pallerols was considered a country of mills, which have played a very important role in the development of the village. Without them, understanding the history of La Garrotxa would be impossible. The construction of mills between the 12th and 14th centuries was promoted by different lords who lived in the castle of Hostoles. They forced the farmhouses of the area to grind their grain in the mill they had established. The first documented references date back to 7th of June 1174 and are related to Pallerols or Teularia mill. Apparently, the lord Miró from Hostoles donated the land to build the mill to Guillem de Pallerols. The first textile mills appeared int the 13th century, although they were always placed next to the flour ones. Later, in the 17th and 18th centuries, Sant Feliu de Pallerols Textile Guild was developed.