Chapel of Roser


Located in the area where the Fair of Saint Llucia had been celebrated until the 15" century, the chapel of Roser was founded in 1565 and quickly became one of the most highlyregarded religious centres of the town, as well as the seat of the busy brotherhood dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Father Isidre Matabosch encouraged refurbishment of the temple because of construction-related problems, as indicated on the Inscription on the lintel of the door (1863, with a number game). A little later, a bridge (which does not exist today) was built, which joined the chapel to the convent of the Hermanes Terciaries, who were in charge of managing the church until the mid 20" century. During the Spanish Civil War, the temple was destroyed multiple times and was rebuilt at the request of the priest Pere Blanch.

APARCAMENT: Chapel of Roser

UBICACIÓ: Chapel of Roser

PARKING: Chapel of Roser

LOCATION: Chapel of Roser